Monday 19 November 2018

Bransdale and another new camera

The move to Sony is complete with GoPro updated to Sony FDR-X3000
I think the Ghost 4K is better on the helmet at this stage but will likely try it on there at some point.
The GoPro adds insult to injury with unexplained and hard to detect crashes, and abysmal battery life. After persevering for a couple of years I simply don't like it, but might use it as dashcam for a while yet.

The Sony has a rock solid combined remote and monitor, it also has pretty good optical stabilisation which almost matches the new Hero7. Sound is very good too with inbuilt mic and there's a standard mic input with none of the idiotic £50 adapter you need for GoPro.

This is mostly from Drift 4K which I'm trying with (digital) stabiliser on again, the camera angle was a little too low with that on, as the FOV is reduced.
However light was nice and enjoyed the ride out.

I changed the name of my bike camera channel and am already seeing some positive effect from the branding idea.
Not that I'm bothered, I mainly like to watch these videos myself especially on smart TV.
But it's nice if others are watching and enjoying them too.

When youtube used to pay small channels however modestly there was more incentive to build your channel following, realistically the great majority can't now monetise.
If I had kept all my channels in a rather confusing single account it would have easily been monetisable - but there are at least four different ones with varying popularity.

No comments:

Post a Comment