Monday 18 January 2016

Sun and snow again


The recent snow and strong(er) sunshine gave the chance to fly the phantom with the ND8 filter I bought late last year actually 'needed'.
 I found it creates a subtle colour cast but it was easily removed. For photos the shutter speed was rather on the slow side but still acceptable.

When processing the video I noticed a slight softness and added 10% sharpening to counteract it.
Usually I don't add any unless it's a low light scene.
Again it's not certain if this is due to the intended slower shutter or the dark glass is itself to blame - it is quite a 'good' one which directly replaces the original by screwing on.
Definitely not something to be using without good reason I think.

I was pleased with the video shot below freezing on Sunday.
At the top of the dale the data record revealed a 20mph wind coming down Esklets - it was calm here.
As with all these videos much better viewed on 1080p or higher if your connection permits.


No comments:

Post a Comment